HELP WANTED! Octocon is looking for volunteers who can help us out in a number of roles
- Taking minutes during committee meetings.
- Liaising with other conventions
- Organising the Octocon fan table at other conventions
- Organising fan tables during Octocon
- Main person in charge of producing Art needed for the convention
- Working together with the Publications Officer and PR to create art for PR purposes.
- Experience with creating digital art is required.
- Organising the printed materials for the convention (conbook, posters, flyers, etc)
- Working together with the Graphics Designer and PR to create art for PR purposes.
- Some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar applications is required.
On-site Volunteer Manager
- Recruitment and organising of on-site volunteers for the weekend
- Working with On-site Operations to make sure that the on-site side of the convention is running smoothly
Virtual Volunteer Manager
- Recruitment and organising of virtual volunteers for the weekend
- Working with Virtual Operations to make sure that the virtual side of the convention is running smoothly
Assistant Treasurer / Finance Admin
- Track incoming requests for payments and update spreadsheet for Treasurer to initiate payment
- With Treasurer:
- Reconcile income with bank account at least monthly
- Update expenses at least monthly
- Ensure that calendar is up-to-date with meetings, etc.
If you’re interested in any of these
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. You don’t need to be based in Ireland and you don’t even need to have been to an Octocon! We organise via Discord, Google Drive and Zoom meetings.